Saturday, December 26, 2009

christmas cactus





that's what these are called in danish. julekaktus. as in christmas cactus. not sure about the hebrew name, neither was D. it is now standing outside our living room window. i moved it there after it had burned alive on the front porch this summer. thought it was dead. but then it started to go green and look fresh again. and all through december it's been blooming like this. so, christmas cactus it is indeed.

hope you're enjoying the holidays.

7 comments:

  1. Aw it's beautiful! :-)
    Enjoy your beautiful time, dear!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty my friend. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those in my office at work although it is not blooming and as beautiful as yours! I think your climate suits it more than the scandinavian winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is an Christmas present!

    Have a great, 2010 in good health and with lots of love, dear Trinch!

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one too, I grew it from a cutting I got in Switzerland many years ago. It's been with me for a long time, but I haven't taken very good care of it this last year, and I'm not sure it'll flower this year (it's now sitting on the balcony, looking quite sad after the snow before Christmas). It's a beautiful succulent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that´s my kind of a plant...:)

    ReplyDelete